Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

THANKSGIVING IS COMING!!

Thanksgiving is almost upon us. Everyone is planning either to cook or eat what someone else cooked.

If I had Thanksgiving at home, I would have Roast Pork (Pernil), Turkey (Pavo), Rice and Pigeon Peas (Arroz con Gandules), Potato Salad (Ensalada de Papa), and so on. I will be at my in-laws' house, though. They will cook delicious soul food. There will be Turkey, Roast Beef, Ham, Collard Greens, String Beans, Rice and Peas, Potato Salad, Macaroni and Tuna Salad, Corn Bread, and so on. And don't get me started on desserts!

I started thinking that there should be healthier recipes for these traditional ethnic meals just so we don't have to feel so guilty afterwards. Because, we are going to eat. You can't not eat on Thanksgiving. It's unAmerican!

Here is a link to one site that offered (9) healthy soul food recipes (http://www.delish.com/print-this/healthy-soul-food-opr0910?page=all). I think I will try one or two next time I decide to cook a grand meal. If you find one  you like, please send me your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment