Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Final Post

I want to thank everyone who visited my blog during this project. I will keep it up until January 6th. I wish the blog had been more successful in creating more of a dialogue. I learned that this takes time and more attention to spreading the word. I want to end my blog by commenting on an article written by Stanley Crouch on December 26th's edition of the New York Daily News. The article is titled "Soul food is killing black America". The article is about a documentary being fillmed by Byron Hurt on not only soul food but the impact of ethnic food on minorities and their health. Mr. Hurt needs further funding for this project. Through kickstarter.com, we can learn more about this project and contribute where we can to this important project. This message needs to be heard. I end this post by quoting Mr. Crouch's article.
"There is no joke in the film about the frightening degrees of black illness from consuming too much ethnic food dripping in grease and containing too much fat, sugar and butter. Worst of all, people consume too many ethnic imitations in fast food places that are so prevalent in black and Latin neighborhoods.
Thus, minorities contract diabetes and suffer from heart diseases in disproportionate numbers. That alone costs the American economy enough to be concerned about what people eat and why."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/soul-food-killing-black-america-article-1.996302#ixzz1hkdn1Bsi
 
Thank you everyone. Happy Healthy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment